Monday, July 04, 2005

Amesless

Thursday nite June 30th was officially my last nite in Ames. I was suffering from a mild form of separation anxiety it seemed, as I should have gone home and gone to bed at 10pm as was planned in order to execute my 15 hr drives start at 3am following morning. Yet, I was at cafe' till almost 11:35pm, and extremely hyper. I'm not very good at goodbyes...as most of you saw on Wednesday nite... but I was very graceful (for my standards) abt it on Thursday nite.I didn't sleep all nite, and left at 5am from Sana's place.
Made it to State College PA in less than 15 hrs...stopping only 4 times. I beat my own record:D AND i didn't get pulled over either:D

I've been in State college since with my brother and his family.... it's a very sudden transition to a 'quieter' more 'decent' lifestyle for sure. I have been have been having severe 'Cafe' withdrawal symptoms'. Especially in the afternoons when there isn't anything to do.I know I know...it's not like I was doing anything in Ames other than sitting on my arse all day, blending in with the furtinure of Cafe'.But u have to understand...this is how habits are formed.Bored? Goto cafe'...get coffee... annoy someone...play games... sit and stare at ppl outside... smoke. SMOKE!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! I've been dying here! Since my brother and his family don't know I smoke, I can't. Even if I could, i wouldn't becoz of the baby. Makes my life as a 'one-pack-a-day' person extremely difficult. I tried many a times to sneak out, but in vain. Finally I discovered a rather small but sufficient solution. I told them that I needed to go to some place with a wireless facility to do some work on my laptop. God bless technology.Unfortunately, to my dismay, most of the coffee shops here...are strictly non-smoking. ARGH. so...i have to make the most of it in my 5 minute drive from home to the cafe. bleh bleh bleh. dang it.

I am so envious of Vishal right now... He has found this place that Vijay suggested. Nice italian cafe'. Much like Cafe' Beaudelaire. The owner is almost as hyper as Claudio:P (wow... i thought there was only one like him..). A comfy atmosphere where he can sit n sip coffee/wine/scotch....and smoke.Is there ANYONE here who knows of such a place in NJ???? ANNNNNYYYYOOOOOONNNNNNE???????

Anyway... for those of who, who are getting annoyed with my calls... bear with the initial stages of moving away. I'm just missing everyone. One would wonder WHY? But, oh well.

I leave for NJ tommorow, i.e, Tuesday... to join the company. This is it. The end of student life. Welcome to the real world Kriti. It sucks... and i'm gonna love it.

Keep me updated biatches.
That's all folks.

Smoke in peace... *sigh*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

goooooooooooood luck dearie at your new job and finding a place that will replace your cafe urges.....give us a call anytime you are near chicago and we will chill, miss you tons *hugs*

10:57 PM  
Blogger Kritister said...

I wanna come HOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home